Automatic tags added despite setting

This discussion was created from comments split from: tags behave different in Zotero 5.
  • Also, I found that the checkbox of "Automatically tag items with keywords and subject headings" doesn't work as expected: Automatic tags will be added either chekced or not checked. Is this a bug?
  • The setting only applies to items saved via the Zotero Connector. If you save by importing a file (e.g., RIS), Zotero has to import all tags as manual tags. We're planning to add an setting to the import dialog letting you choose which type to create for that case.
  • Thank you so much. As you mentioned, the tags are from the .RIS file imported. Maybe another option is keep the "keyword " information remained in the "Info" page?
  • Not sure what you mean by that.
  • I mean maybe in the right pane (where Info, Notes,Tags, Related are placed), the imported Keywords could be placed into a place in Info tab.
  • edited August 3, 2021
    Sorry, I still don't what you mean. They're just tags. They're displayed in the Tags tab.
  • I think they might be asking for a field on the Info tab to capture article keywords rather than importing them as tags (eg: if you have the auto-import tags setting off).