[bug] PDF reader & new editor - highlighting things

Hi,

On linux - version 5.0.97-beta.35+a5902fc46

Maybe this has already been reported before but when I highlight some text sometimes it will visual encapsulate what I want but in the "Annotations" page the citation will miss some part of the text, mostly the beginning
Example : highlighting "In which context will I want to stumble upon it again?" will work visually but in the annotation page : "n which context will I want to stumble upon it again?" will be the result.

Also sometimes when highlighting something that spans multiple line, visually the highlight will be cut at the end of each line, some characters or words won't be highlighted in color but it will appear right in the Annotation page (meaning only the visual is bugged).

I really like the concept. I have registered for the iOS beta.
I hope we can later right click an annotation and get a citation to use in the correct format.
A mind map could be cool too.

Thanks for your work !
  • @xaperret Could you send a PDF file with those problematic annotations? You can export it with "File -> Save As" from PDF reader tab. If so, you can send it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
    I hope we can later right click an annotation and get a citation to use in the correct format.
    Are you talking about directly copying formatted citation from PDF reader, or you just want to see citations in notes in specific citation style? Because, in Zotero notes citations are simplified and don't represent any style. You have to insert that note into word processor and then you can use any style.
  • > Are you talking about directly copying formatted citation from PDF reader
    This one with my annotation.

Sent the email, thanks again really appreciate the software.
  • This is PDF.js problem. It will take time to be fixed. Can be tracked here https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/issues/13845