Citation format in new note editor

Hi,

In the new note editor included in the MacOS beta, when I insert a citation using the new citation tool in new note editor, it always shows the "entire title of the item, the year " for regulations/statutes. Is there any way to modify this? Because showing the entire title of the statute is very long.

Example: *regulation title in paranthesis, which is about twice longer than the body itself.

The Paediatric Regulation text defines “paediatric population” as the population less than 18 years of age.(“Regulation (EC) No 1901/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006 on medicinal products for paediatric use and amending Regulation (EEC) No 1768/92, Directive 2001/20/EC, Directive 2001/83/EC and Regulation (EC) No 726/2004   (Text with EEA relevance)”, 2006)
  • What if you enter something in the short title field?
  • @bwiernik
    It still shows the long title instead of the short title.
  • Currently it shows title when there are no authors, and it applies for all item types. But we might consider to show short title if that makes sense.
  • (yeah, I agree that short title is definitely the way to go; that's also what most author-date style would do)
  • Hi,

thank you both for your comments and sorry for the late reply.
    I noticed that the same problem persisted for the official release though. Are there any progress/plan to change the full title citation to short title or citekey in the future?
  • edited March 27, 2022
    Hi, I was also wondering if it is possible to show the short title in notes. The new note editor is awesome, thanks!