Progress window stuck during PDF metadata retrieval

This discussion was created from comments split from: "Retrieving Metadata" Process Seems Frozen.
  • Hi, I was asked to upgrade the storage which i did, and now the progress window is "stuck" when i try to import pdf. Could you help me resolve this issue? Thank you
  • @hanhthuc: That wouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with storage. Restart Zotero and try again, and if you're still having trouble, provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through an attempt to retrieve metadata, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled" option.
  • Thank you for your response. The debug ID is D58614411.
  • @hanhthuc: If you reset translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences, does that fix the problem?
  • I tried that and it didn't fix the problem. I got the new debug ID: D681528128
  • This same problem seems to be occurring on the web library as well (on different computers), if that helps
  • If you go to the 'translators' folder in your Zotero data directory, is there a "Crossref Unixref XML.js" file? What is its size and modification time?
    This same problem seems to be occurring on the web library as well
    What do you mean? PDF metadata retrieval isn't a feature of the web library.
  • Hello,
    I have the same problem with the PDF metadata retrieval. It has stopped working some days ago.

Tried to follow dstillman instructions on Debug ID, but can't even find Zotero Connector preferences on my Zotero version.

I use OS X El Capitan and usually work with Firefox 78.11.0esr.

Please, could anybody suggest what to do?
  • Just wrote a few minutes ago.

Managed to get a Debug ID: D517339708

What do I need to do now?
  • @maria.natividad: Same question as above:
    If you go to the 'translators' folder in your Zotero data directory, is there a "Crossref Unixref XML.js" file? What is its size and modification time?
  • Hi,
    There is a "Crossref-REST.js" file in the "translator" folder but not the one you mention.
  • If you reset your translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences, does "Crossref Unixref XML.js" reappear?

If not, can you provide a Debug ID for doing that?
  • Hi dstillman,
    Yes, after resetting the translators folder the file does appear.

And the metadata retrieval IS WORKING AGAIN!!

Many thanks!!!!!:)