sync error processing uploaded data

I am getting a Error processing uploaded data sync error [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 31dc6508)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Report ID: 827298289

just upgraded to 2.0b6.4, but 2nd computer using 2.0b6.3 has same error report.

Any ideas? Thanks
  • I also am having sync problems. My desktop at work gives the following error after trying to sync:
    Error processing uploaded data (report I.D. : 0546a0cd)

I have the most recent version but I have had this problem from the time i downloaded zotero months ago. Still useful but syncing would be so sweet! Any thoughts?
  • The error both of you were receiving (slevi7 in another thread—the one in this thread is just a temporary server error) is fixed in the latest dev build, and the fix will be included in 2.0b6.5, which should be available within a few days. We haven't been able to reproduce the underlying problem that caused it, so let us know if you continue to have problems after upgrading.
  • Just upgraded to 2.0b6.5, and, alas, still continue to have the same error. The only difference is the sync arrow turns for quite a bit longer before giving the error. Output is

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 6d4c3646)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Report ID: 1140393149

Thanks for your help
  • Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource(). This is the error info that I keep getting, while trying to bring book info into Zotero library. This could well be problem with using our beta version of Voyager upgrade.
  • @rooster - entirely different issue. Please open a new thread and post a link to the book you are trying to import.
  • jtothec: It only looks like the same error—the one you're getting now is just a temporary failure from a large upload. (We'll try to give some indication of this on the client side.) You can probably get it to go through if you keep trying, but let us know if not.
  • Great! Took a couple of tries, and an hour sync for the files, but it works now.

Thanks for all your hard work
  • I have exactly the same problem than jtothec, but I never managed to sync. Not even once. I've tried several times from both home and work computers without any luck. I was guessing it has something to do with the size of the reference database. But 60Mb is not that big, is it?

Any tips? Manual or automatic sync? etc
  • julio - post an error ID here (Report Errors in the gears menu)
  • Hi Adam,

the report id is: 1305758667 (I've send it quite a few times, I apologize for this if it is any kind of trouble).

I get several error messages but I think the main one is this one, which is pretty much the same than jtothec:

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 89165c73)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]

Thanks in advance!
  • edited December 26, 2009
    Hello,

I was getting the same error as noted above so I tried to reset the server side of things and just upload what I have locally. I still cannot upload my library. Here is the error ouput log : ( i tried deleting the AskSearch.js and it did not help)

[removed unrelated output — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: b952b31a)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: bff1c021)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]
  • I also tried that without any luck.
  • No news, good news?

Because the You can probably get it to go through if you keep trying technique is still not working for me...
  • edited August 28, 2009
    julio: Your library, including child items, has over 13,000 items, and libraries that size generally won't yet sync. We're still planning to support syncing of such libraries, but you'll need to wait a bit longer. We'll post updates with any progress.

agirgis: We'll look into your issue.
  • edited August 28, 2009
    I was afraid that was the problem. Thanks for the answer anyway. I'll keep syncing the old school way then.

The import from clipboard functionality (and its shortcut key, thanks Dan!) has however plenty justified the upgrading to the beta.
  • The import from clipboard functionality has however plenty justified the upgrading to the beta. Adding a key shortcut would make it even better.
    (Off-topic, but there is one. See the Shortcut Keys pane of the Zotero preferences.)
  • I tried removing items, reducing the my total to about 1300(not including attachments).
    The problem persists.

Would Chinese characters be a problem?

Thanks
  • Hi there everyone. I am getting the exact same error message when I try to sync my library. Is there any news? (Report ID 1115238781)
  • Eleanor: It's better to post sync issues to new threads. They're rarely related.
  • Eleanor: Should be fixed now, though. Let us know if not.
  • edited December 27, 2009
    Yes, the problem had been fixed a few updates ago. 2.0b7.5 if I am not mistaken.

(belated thank you to the developers...)
This discussion has been closed.