Crowdsource Zotero Help

I am a professional who is bad at learning new programs.
Would like to pay by $30/hour to get started in Zotero.
Maybe 3 hours?
  • You might see if your university library offers training on Zotero. Many do.
  • edited June 23, 2021
    Where in the world do you live? You say that you are a "professional" so that suggests you have completed university but aren't now attending. How near are you to any colleges or universities? If a librarian will not teach a person unaffiliated with the school, it is almost certain that you can find a student who can help.

edit: I've helped at least ten people learn Zotero (capturing record metadata several ways, properly editing imported metadata so that records are uniform, using Zotero with Word or LibreOffice, syncing, etc.) an hour to 90 minutes was enough to have them feel confident.

edit
    most of that time was getting the learner to repeatedly do what I showed them so that they learned the typing and mousing skills sufficiently.
  • ... another hour of effort provides competence in more advanced things like groups and RSS.
  • Thanks Weirnik. I live in Logan, Utah and am not in school. Do you think it would be best to do it in person?
  • Following Brenton's suggestion, I recommend visiting the Utah State campus library and asking for help at the reference desk. Even if you didn't attend that school I'd be quite unpleasantly surprised if they couldn't point you to someone who can help.
  • Thanks much, I will!