[Zotero beta] Add item note from annotation - save colors of annotation

This is one of the thing that is holding me to use old Zotero with zotfile as my main annotation workflow - how to extract annotations to new note not loosing information about the colors?

I was looking for specific option in advance editor but I cannot find anything.
  • Annotations added to notes have included color information for a while, and we're planning to add a display option to show the colors in notes in an upcoming version.
  • edited June 22, 2021
    In the latest beta, there's an "Apply Annotation Colors" option in the note editor menu (three dots in the top right), which will apply background colors to the annotation text. You can then interact with it like any other background color in the note.

The color information is included in the embedded note data and is available to third-party plugins.

The next beta will also include a "Remove Annotation Colors" option after you've applied colors in a note. We'll likely add an option in a future version to control whether annotation colors get applied by default when adding annotations to notes.
  • "Remove Annotation Colors" is now in the current beta.
  • Love this! Waiting for the option to set annotation colors as default.

Thanks devs!
  • Agree that this is great. I've been using Zotfile's hidden preference to also 'split' notes by item annotation colors - would something like that be implementable in the beta? I often have very long PDFs that I annotate, so splitting them automatically by annotation color is great as it allows me to sort my notes more efficiently.
  • @joycekwc: It will be possible to select all annotations of a given color in the annotations sidebar and add those to a note.
  • Fantastic, can't wait!