iOS Beta problem: No longer downloads PDFs

edited June 21, 2021
While last week it did and worked great this week it no longer downloads PDFs and so has been rendered rather useless for workflow or on-the-go use. If it helps things, would love to see ios beta prioritize other storage retrieval methods such as WebDAV. If others have a problem with it, then maybe it is more far-reaching. Full report sent through testflight.

Using iPhone and iPad.
  • (Be sure to put "iOS" in the thread title when that's what you're referring to.)

Not totally clear what you're saying here. WebDAV isn't currently supposed on iOS, but it never has been, so that never would've worked.
  • Thanks. I’m not saying it’s WebDAV and My problem I wasn’t sure was related to iOS necessarily. I’m saying would like to see WebDAV. The problem is PDFs do not load anymore.
  • Sorry, I'm afraid this still isn't clear.

In what context do PDFs not load anymore? If you have synced them via WebDAV, they wouldn't load on iOS nor would they ever have. If you're talking about something else, please take a bit more time to describe exact steps.
  • Thank you. Please then just ignore webdav was commented. I was saying if that would solve this problem, then I hope we can get that function included.

Last week, PDFs loaded. This week they do not. End. I had sent directly a screen shot in the beta to the developers, and merely posted here as a followup, and indicated that if WebDav could overcome then I would hope it would be implemented. It is not about WebDav.

• Last week, PDFs loaded. This week they do not. End.
    No, sorry, that's just not a description of a problem that's helpful in understanding, reproducing, and possibly fixing it:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce
  • edited June 21, 2021
    Yeah...thanks Adam...but as I do not necessarily know the problem, then I am not able to explain to you. Here is the process; I open the app, (on ios) i click to download a new pdf, and now instead of downloading, it says it cannot download, retry. My comment about end was that it had nothing to do with WebDav. But I think then lets just forget about this. If no one else has the problem, then the beta developers can move forward. As indicated, this was merely a way to try to open a discussion to see if others had similar things, as I had already sent through testflight my full report. Take care.
  • No, if you have something to report, it needs to be posted here, not to TestFlight. (It says that at the top of every email announcing a new beta version.)

I'm still not sure why you brought up WebDAV, or why you're now saying to forget it. Do you know what WebDAV is? Are you using WebDAV file syncing? This is a pretty fundamental question that's going to determine the answer we give you. If you don't actually know what WebDAV is and/or aren't using it, then we can indeed forget about it.

Assuming you're not using WebDAV, then see Files Not Syncing. The first step will be determining whether the file in question is actually available in the web library.
  • as I do not necessarily know the problem, then I am not able to explain to you. Here is the process; I open the app, (on ios) i click to download a new pdf, and now instead of downloading, it says it cannot download, retry.
    To be clear, just for your future posts here, what you finally provided is indeed a description of the problem. That's what we needed. Up until that point, you hadn't given us a clear description, so we couldn't help you.