Text of Notes Disappeared

I lost the text and tags of approximately 30 notes today. I was entering Child Notes using the short cut. I noticed that I could no longer get the short cut to work, when I scrolled over it, I no longer could select "child note." When I tried to click, another window opened wanting me to log into My library or whatever that is. But it was running some weird code in the address field. I then noticed that, while I had the Notes icons, the notes themselves were blank. I'm using Windows and my update is current.
  • edited June 10, 2021
    I'm afraid I don't really have any idea what you're describing here.

Are you referring to the Zotero program on your computer or the Zotero web library? If the former, can you provide a Report ID?
    I was entering Child Notes using the short cut.
    What do you mean by "the short cut"? A "shortcut" is a key sequence you press on your keyboard to do something, like Ctrl-C to copy.
    When I tried to click, another window opened wanting me to log into My library or whatever that is.
    I don't know what kind of window you mean. The Zotero program doesn't ask you to log in to your library. And you don't seem to be using the web library, at least from the account you're posting from.

Can you take a screenshot of some of the things you're describing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?
  • I downloaded Zotero to my Windows PC. The "shortcut" I mentioned was the dropdown menu at the top. Here's a link to screenshots. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cvsLtLw43SbKSFyZdDe3jH1UKRbxd8iD/view?usp=sharing. I might have written this off to my error except that, when trying to create a new note, my PC started hourglassing when I tried to click on it. Then somehow I opened the "Myilibrary" log in page and it was running some weird code in the URL field. In the third screen shot you can see that I was able to create notes today. Myilibrary seems to be normal. I thought I had synced my desktop to the web, but evidently not. That's on me. However, this morning when I did sync, it didn't back up all of my notes.
  • (you need to share that file on gdrive to "Anyone with this link")
  • edited June 11, 2021
    I clicked on something, I don’t remember what, and “My iLibrary” log in page opened on my other monitor, but the address bar was running some weird code I’ve never seen before.
    I'm afraid I still don't have any what this part means, but from your screenshots, it looks like you just somehow ended up with some new empty notes, not that any of your existing notes were lost. If that's the case, all you would have to do is delete the new ones.