Cannot add color to tags

Dear Zotero Team,

I am having trouble adding a color to the tags. I am using the desktop version of Zotero (version 5.0.96.2) on MacOS Catalina (so not the web library). I have created a tag, it now appears in the lower left tag selector. However, when I right click on it, nothing happens, no menus pop up. I have tried right and left click with selecting "command", "option", "control" and "shift" keys, but no menu shows up. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Thanks and best wishes,

Nika
  • Can you provide a Report ID?

Have you tried restarting Zotero and/or your computer? You should certainly get a context menu if you're right-clicking on tags in the tag selector in the bottom left.
  • I also have problems with adding color tags (and bulk removing or renaming tags) the right click on a tag (in the lower left display) does not bring a menu at all. Mac OS 10.14.6; Zotero 5.0.96.3.
  • Hi! Sorry for the late answer. I realised that when I would right click on the tag, the menu would indeed appear, but somewhere else on the screen, almost off screen if I remember correctly. So maybe try looking around the screen (check you second monitor if you have one). Funnily enough, now the menu appears where it's supposed to for me. Hope you also solve the issue.