Wrong author order when saving to Zotero from from Phys. Rev. A website

Yesterday I noticed that when I am on a Phys. Rev. A webpage, for example https://journals.aps.org/pra/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevA.103.062211 and I use the "Save to Zotero" button in Firefox the entry in my Zotero database has the wrong author order: the first author becomes the last. If instead I add the paper into Zotero via the DOI there is no such problem.
I don't know how long this has been happening and I guess it might happen on other APS publications, but I haven't checked yet.

What to do? Is anybody able to reproduce this problem or is it just me?
  • @AbeJellinek I think that's due to the recent change in handling deprecated RIS tags.
    Here's what's in the RIS
    A1 - Georgiev, Danko
    AU - Bello, Leon
    AU - Carmi, Avishy
    AU - Cohen, Eliahu

That's obviously a weird choice, so you could also just pre-process the RIS in the translator, but generally worth checking if this occurs more frequently.
  • Thanks for the quick answer, glad to know you have started to look into the issue.
  • Besides the obvious “they should stop doing it that way,” maybe I’ll just exclude repeatable tags (like authors) from the list of deprecated tags that get processed at the end.
  • Alright, I just pushed out a fix for this issue. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.
  • Excellent, thanks a lot, I updated the translators and now it's fixed!
  • No problem at all!