[iOS beta] Sync failed

Hello!
I am getting the error "Sync failed (Unable to upload attachment: PDF (SVT3W5ZL). Please try removing and re-adding the attachment.)".
After removing item "SVT3W5ZL" (which I found on my computer) I get the same error with another item code.
I did USE THE "Debug log" feature in the iOS app to log the error. I also sent a screenshot via TestFlight.
Version used on the computer: 5.0.97-beta.25+146e1af18, newest (1.0 (113)) on the iPad.

Thanks for your help,
Max
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync that fails?

(You have to post the ID here if you want us to look at the report.)
  • It seems I did not write this down but here's a new one: D12932436
  • @mbg do you remember how you created that item? Was it directly through the app or did you save it in Safari? Did you by any chance clear your storage in the iOS app (through Settings -> Local Storage section)?
  • Hi! The first item it occurred was one of the longest I had in my DB and I created it through the zotero on the computer.
    After the first problem, I think I have cleared the storage on the iOS app to solve the problem (as you saw, did not solve it).
  • @mbg unfortunately by clearing the storage in iOS app those files which should be uploaded from local storage on the device are now gone. So to solve this you'll have to remove those attachment items and create them again. If you imported them through share extension, then import them again.

In new build there will be a check so that the app doesn't remove local files which are not yet uploaded so that this doesn't happen to you in the future.
  • Thanks! How do I see which items these are?
  • @mbg based on the log you sent they are items with keys: "DZIN9BKV" and "DYX3WA6B". You can search for these keys in the desktop Zotero app or web library.

The app should show you name of the missing item when you tap on the error. But I see the name is just "PDF". That doesn't seem right. If you could share links to those 2 websites that stored this way I could take a look at that.
  • Thanks! I have removed the item, emptied the trash, and then re-added it, and now it works.
  • Glad to hear that @mbg. Are those new attachments named properly?
  • what do you mean with "named properly"? the PDF is in a folder "82R53PX9" and is named "Begelman and McKee - 1990 - Global effects of thermal conduction on two-phase .pdf"
    So, yes?
  • Thanks @mbg that seems good. I hope you won't have any more issues with missing attachments and if you do, please let me know.