Zotero beta bug? Or feature? - changing "Book" to "Book section" erases title and authors

When I add book chapters from T and F with Zotero translator it recognizes them as "Book" and not "Book section". When I then go to change the type to "Book section" the title and authors are erased, leaving them blank.

I don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior, but it never happened to me before.

Zotero beta 5.0.97-beta.23+d27b622f9 on Windows 10
Zotero translator (fully updated) on Brave
  • Can you take a couple screenshots that show the before and after, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?

Note that, when you change from a Book to a Book Section, the Title is moved to the Book Title field.
  • So, so sorry, you are right. Now when repeating steps to take the screenshots, the title is indeed moved to the Book title field, and the authors are blank because Zotero didn't capture them in the first place. I did this yesterday to finalize a bibliography of a recent project and only noticed everything being blank when changing "Book" to "Book Section" for several chapters of a book I was citing.

So the problem is not on the desktop application, but either on the Translator not capturing info correctly or the webpage not having the metadata coded accurately.

One of the pages is this one, if you want to take a look. Zotero translator on Brave recognizes it as a "Book" instead of a "Book Section" for me.

https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/edit/10.1201/9781315164809-74/emotional-demands-physiotherapists-activity-influences-health-costa-santos
  • (Not much in terms of metadata on that page, so I don't think we can do much there to improve import. Incidentally, T&F has also completely borked the DOI metadata for that entire volume)