Zotero Integration Error: Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

edited April 14, 2021
Whether it‘s a new or saved document, I'm unable to add citations in MS Word (v 2103, build 13901.20400), OS Windows 10 Professional 20H2 (OS Build 19042.906).

Clicking "Add/Edit Citation" in the MS word produces the following error: "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?"

I have tried re-installing the "Zotero Word for Windows Integration", updating Zotero, restarting Zotero, restarting Word and restarting PC. All I can do have no difference. Is there a solution for this error? Thx

Submitted with Report ID: 1945702911

• Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero for an attempt to insert a citation in a new (unsaved) document?
  • Debug ID: 165007393
  • That is a Report ID. Please follow the link above for instructions on how to submit a Debug ID
  • Sorry! Debug ID: D802298990.
  • Does it fix itself if you save the file with latin-only characters somewhere on your hard drive? Does it help if you change windows locale to English (US) (you might need to log out and back into your account for the effect to make a difference)?
  • I have tried above two methods, but both of them didn't work. Clicking any butoon in the MS word Zotero, the error is still appearing.
  • Could you download RotView and run it with a new document in Word, then take a screenshot of the RotView window, upload it somewhere like dropbox and post a link here?
  • 坐等一个解决方案。
  • the same in word for Macos, no matter a new or existing document. Report ID: 147423917. always cannot do the citation.