How do I change single quotation marks to double?

This is what I get from Zotero:
Letizia, Chiara. ‘Shaping Secularism in Nepal’. European Bulletin of Himalayan Research, vol. 39, 2012, pp. 66–104.

This is what I need:
Letizia, Chiara. "Shaping Secularism in Nepal". European Bulletin of Himalayan Research, vol. 39, 2012, pp. 66–104.

I followed a few threads on this topic, and all of them suggested that 'quotation marks are determined by the locale', that selecting UK English produces single quotation marks and US English produces double.

Zotero (at least in the version I use) does not have US English: has UK English, Canadian English, and just 'English'.

I changed from English (UK) to English here: Edit>Preferences>Advanced, and even after restarting, I still get the same output.

Could someone suggest if there is a different method to fix this? Thank you.
  • Which citation style are you using? The relevant settings are for citation styles and cannot be set for all of them.
  • edited April 23, 2021
    Hi Adam,
    I am using MLA.
  • Yes, that'll work. If you're working with the word processor add-on, you can switch the language in the Document Preferences. If you're just creating a bibliography, you can just change it in the "Create Bibliography from selected items" dialog.
  • Yes, it did work.

Thanks a lot!