Zotero putting n.d.

I am on a mac, in Firefox, Big Sur OS 11.2.3, which brings about several issues in Word.
regarding Zotero:
I am using APS7 with ongoing frustrations. The latest is:
When I import a citation that does have the date in my Zotero library, I get the 'no date' abbreviation, n.d. I have to go back in and type the date in the in-text and Reference citation. Any ideas to fix?
Also, I used to get the authors' full names and not the abbreviations. Now that is okay.
Thank you for your help. Please note that I find engagement with any technical fixes really scary!!
  • I'm not clear which citation style you're referring to -- is that just a typo and you mean APA 7th edition?

Generally try if at all possible to avoid editing citations manually in the text; that causes all sorts of issues further along. The style would never use n.d. for an item without date, so something isn't right.

Have you tried the same item in a new document (for testing)? Same issue?

Could you post a couple of citations as you see them and then also create a bibliography and post the corresponding bibliography entry here? (You can ignore any italics and other formatting)

• Can you also take a screenshot of the item in your Zotero library, upload to Dropbox or similar, and link here?
  • HI.

Thank you for reply. I am using APA7, sorry for typo. I manually entered the reference in question into Zotero with the date, and got n.d. in the text and in the Reference list. I do not understand your last directions and hope you will clarify so I can try to fix it. Big Sur is big problems in many areas. Updates have been helping. Will explore more and see if I can provide more information.

Another issue is that when I cite several items in text, they come in separate sets of parentheses sometimes without commas between last name and date. I have to go in and remove parentheses and put in semi-colons between items.
    Please advise if you can.
    Thanks again.
    Doris
  • Hard to say much more without more details. We've asked three different questions:
    1. Have you tried the same item in a new document (for testing)? Same issue?

2. Could you post a couple of citations as you see them and then also create a bibliography and post the corresponding bibliography entry here?

3. Can you also take a screenshot of the item in your Zotero library, upload to Dropbox or similar, and link here?

Could you try to answer these/provide the requested information and if you don't understand the question, specify what part is unclear?