Arranging attached files within an item

Hey guys,
I'm currently organizing my lecture videos with Zotero. For every lecture, I created an entry, and attached the respective videos to that entry; every entry has about 10 videos attached to it. The problem now is that I want these videos to appear in chronological order, but when I attach the videos to that entry, Zotero messes up that order. Now, I want to arrange the attached videos within the respective entry, but I don't know how. Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance!
  • Attachments are sorted alphabetically by default. You can set extensions.zotero.sortAttachmentsChronologically to true in the Config Editor in the Advanced pane of the preferences to sort by Date Added, or you can just name the attachments to start with a number. I'd recommend the latter.
  • Thanks for the quick answer! Unfortunately, I named the attachments to start with a number, namely this way::[1] ..., [2] ..., ... . When I selected all videos and dragged them from my folder into the Zotero entry, the order was messed up. Here is a picture: https://ibb.co/0Gj7kZB. Funny thing is: When I add the videos one by one, the order is maintained.
  • Ah, sorry about that — alphabetical sorting of child attachments was broken for new databases in a recent update. (It still works for older databases.)

I've fixed this, and the fix will be included in the Zotero beta within the next day or two.
  • edited April 18, 2021
    Thanks for your help! Two things:
    (1) I am not using Zotero beta but the usual client (I'm not a developer or anything, just a regular user). Is it advisable to use the beta version?
    (2) Now, once the fix is included, will the order of the child attachments I added before the fix change automatically or will I have to readd the child attachments after the fix has been installed?
  • I'm using 5.0.96.3 and it just stopped working. No longer are child items automatically sorting alphabetically!