Odd behaviour with no-repeat

I'm using Juris-M and building a style in CSL. I used no-repeat to omit citing the authority of a legal case when it has already been cited once within the same citation.

Now there is some mildly unexpected behaviour: When citing two items that have the same authority, but that are cited differently, the authority is still omitted in the second citation even if the first citation does not *include* the authority.

In my case, I'm citing two cases by the same authority, one of which is included in a collection, the other one is not. I cite the first one with [collection-number], [locator], the other with [authority] [number], [locator]. But because both cases were decided by the same authority (and I noted that in the items in Juris-M), the [authority] is never rendered, even though, visually, it would not constitute a repeat.

Is this intended behaviour? I'd argue, "no-repeat" means no repetition in the citation, not just no repetition if the tags are the same for both items cited.

My quick fix has now been to just remove the authority tag from the items in which I don't actually cite the authority, but incomplete items can't really be the solution to this.
  • I will try to replicate this, but might not be able to do so before Monday. Do I assume correctly that you’re trying to achieve something like "BGE 123 III 456, siehe auch BGer 12345, 123" (numbers completely made up)? It is possible that some check is missing from the processor, but I’d also like to see your csl-code.

As a workaround, you could enter them as to citations in your footnote, using the checkbox "suppress trailing punctuation" for the first and entering the punctuation by hand, so the two citations won’t be collapsed into one.
  • Yes, you're entirely correct with your example of what I'm trying to achieve. And by now you already have access to my csl code :D