Zotero does not list complete home directory when browsing files for attachment in Ubuntu 20.04

I need to attach a PDF file to a library entry. When I click on 'Add Attachment' symbol, an file browser dialogue opens. However, I can only browse some standard directories in my home directory, e.g. ~/Documents, ~/Downloads, ~/Images in that dialogue. It does not show any custom directories under the /home level, which I use a lot.

Zotero: 5.0.96

What am I missing? Thanks for any hints.

• You're running a third-party, sandboxed package of Zotero, not the official version. We can only provide support for the tarball from this site or the zotero-deb lightweight wrapper packages.
  • Thanks @dstillman for your reply.

Have just removed the flatpak version and followed the install process from the Github repo you linked me to.

However, the issue I am facing is still the same. What can I do now?
  • No, you're not running the official version if you're not seeing all your files. The official version is not sandboxed in any way.
  • edited April 16, 2021
    Ooops, I was wrong. My apologies. Everything works fine now. Great. Thanks a lot!

There's another issue which I interchanged with the file system issue. I'll start another thread, though.