add file attachments to webdav via API

Hiya,
I might be overcomplicating things.
What I want to do is use the API to add a (annotated) pdf file as an attachment to an item... while using webdav as storage.

There seem to be API methods to upload attachments to zotero's storage, but I can't seem to figure out how to add them when using webdav.
I can add the file itself either locally or to the webdav myself, but I need to create the datastructure for zotero to know it exists..and to tell me which key to use.

Is that possible currently? Am I just missing the obvious?

Thanks for your help!

Alex
  • edited April 15, 2021
    WebDAV file syncing isn't documented. You can figure it out by reading the Zotero source code and looking at what's stored on the server — and third-party apps have done so — but we don't provide support for that (though Zotero Web API File Uploads touches on a couple aspects briefly).

Depending on exactly what you're trying to do, it's likely easier to just script the addition of the PDF to Zotero locally (e.g., using Better BibTeX's debug-bridge) and let Zotero handling file syncing itself.

(For development/API questions, it's best to post to zotero-dev. We try to keep technical discussions there.)