Beta PDF reader: copy reference and navigation

This may have been requested already. It would be great:

1. to be able to copy the note/bibliographic citation for the item open in the PDF reader--is that possible?

2. To add a "show in library" option for the item/pdf open in the PDF reader. Currently when I work with several pdfs/add new items, etc. the library view changes multiple times. Then it is impossible to go directly from the pdf open in the Reader to the item in the library--one has to switch to the library, open search and find the item again. Or am I missing something?
  • 1. to be able to copy the note/bibliographic citation for the item open in the PDF reader--is that possible?
    Not currently possible. I'm not sure where it would go, but we can think about it.
    2. To add a "show in library" option for the item/pdf open in the PDF reader.
    That's planned.
  • I'm not sure where it would go, but we can think about it.
    It would make sense to me for the Share sheet button to first offer Share File and Share Reference before loading the Share sheet.
  • @bwiernik: This is about the desktop app.

The easiest option here would be to just allow Quick Copy (and Edit → Copy Citation) to use the parent item, since it doesn't make sense for it to use the attachment itself.
  • @dstillman Yes, I was only thinking of the parent item. Quick copy via Shift-Option-C/A while the pdf is open would do the trick. Is it possible to trigger an action with the shortcut if the user is not selecting anything?

It would be nice to have this feature in the iOS version as well I think, via Share...
  • I've created an issue to have Quick Copy use the parent item when in the PDF reader.
  • Please-please-please add this option of copying citation/bibliography from the open PDF file (in Zotero).

The case: if you have many pdf files open in Zoter, it is SO annoying to always:

1) go back to the Zotero main view (the list of articles)
    2) and _search_ for the item in the list of articles (which is complete pain, if there are hundreds)

Or at least please create a button which takes you directly to the specific article on the list of articles.
  • Or at least please create a button which takes you directly to the specific article on the list of articles
    File → Show in Library
  • Great, better than nothing!
  • @dstillman Great, thank you!