Exported from Mendeley to Zotero

I exported all my data from Mendeley to Zotero and now have no access to the PDFs that I once did in Mendeley? Can this be fixed?
  • What do you mean by "exported"? Did you follow the official instructions? Can you currently access your PDFs in Mendeley?
  • What I mean is that I exported from Mendeley to Zotero and now any PDFs I had in Mendeley are no longer available in Zotero. I still have access to Mendeley PDFs.
  • You didn't answer my questions.
  • Correction I did, these are the questions you asked:
    What do you mean by "exported"? I explained what I meant by exported
    Did you follow the official instructions? The instructions were followed
    Can you currently access your PDFs in Mendeley? I stated in the response that I could access them in Mendeley and that is answering your questions yet again!
  • In order to help you, we need to understand what you've done and what you're seeing on your computer.

Saying you "exported" from Mendeley to Zotero can mean many things — the official importer is just one of many possible options — which is why I was asking what you meant, and specifically if you used the official importer. You hadn't answered that — you simply repeated that you "exported from Mendeley to Zotero", which doesn't mean anything on its own. If you're now saying you used the official instructions, then we can help you based on that.

It's also still not clear what you mean about the PDFs. Are you saying that, if you look at the same item in Mendeley and in Zotero, you can double-click the one in Mendeley to view the PDF and in Zotero you can't? What exactly do you see in Zotero, and what happens if you try to open the PDF?

Can you take a screenshot of an item you can open in Mendeley and another of the same item in Zotero, upload the screenshots somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and post a link here?