Hi, I don't know why but my zotero keeps breaking down and asking me to restart whenever I try to write something. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help in advance.
  • While you shouldn't get a crash, and we'd want to see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for that happening, it looks like you added some images to your notes. That's not supported in the current release version and will cause problems.

The new note editor that's available in the current Zotero beta adds support for embedded images, so you should switch to that if you want to continue using images in notes. (It won't currently convert previously added images, so for now you would need to re-add them to avoid problems.)
  • Hi, thank you for your quick response. I've downloaded the Zotera beta version but it's still happening. It happens specifically when I try using the indent or bullet point options.
  • also the tab button!
  • You have to actually switch to the new note editor from the preferences in the beta version, as explained on the linked page. And again, embedded images in existing notes won’t be converted automatically at this time, so you nay still run into problems with those. But a crash on indent that happens in the old editor is likely to be fixed.
  • Thanks so much for your response. My debug ID is D1453767271. I've looked at the beta version linked page but I'm confused how I can switch to the new note editor from the preferences. I've downloaded the Windows ZIP version and since it's not supposed to install Zotero (that's what I've read) I went into Zotero like usual and went into Edit and then Preferences but I'm not sure which exact setting I can change to switch to the new note editor. If you could help me out here, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
  • Once you're running the beta, you can opt in to the preview from the General pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • @yecheong: To be clear, if you downloaded the Windows ZIP version, you have to actually run that version that you downloaded.
  • Thanks. I'm having trouble because the ZIP version just gave me a bunch of files and I'm not sure which one is supposed to be the beta Zotero. I've tried by turning on the zotero.exe file and then trying on the general pane of the zotero preferences, but it doesn't show me any option to preview the beta version.
  • Never mind, I just found it! Thank you so much for your help!