Recover previous account

edited March 22, 2021
Hi, can I possibly recover my previous account to resume my syncing to the local data?
The account email is [removed — D.S]
Thank you very much.
  • There was no account associated with the email address you provided.

Note that an account isn't required to use Zotero, and you simply may not have had one. Your data should be available on the computer where you last used it.
  • Hi, thanks for your reply. I understood that I don't need to have an account to use Zotero but I would like to sync my local data to the cloud so I can access my library on multiple devices. However, my local data was previously synced to the email account I mentioned before and I accidentally delete the account. Now I have trouble sync my local data to the new account I created because it notifies that the local data was associated with the previous library and I need to clear the data linked with the previous account to sync the library with the new account. So I got a blank library every time when I try to sync the current local data to the new account. Would you possible help me to resolve this issue?
    Thank you.
  • Oh, this is an account you deleted?

Email support@zotero.org from that email address and we can reactivate the account.
  • Hi, Thank you. I have reactivated my previous account but when I sync the local data to the cloud, I get a message to choose a local or remote version but no matter which version I choose part of my collection structure being deleted from my local library and the documents in those collections become unfiled. Could you possibly guide me on how to sync my library to the cloud without modifying the local library data structure?
    Thank you in advance.
  • If you've made changes on both sides but only want to keep your local library, you can use Replace Online Library from the Sync → Reset pane of the Zotero preferences.