HELP!

Mac: "This page was reloaded because a problem occurred."
***stays white and doesn't load***

So I pasted my 300th article link into the box and it crashed the page, which is now refusing to reload, and I get a white window for that tab which has all my bibliography on it. It's taken me 7hrs to make...
My other tabs and websites working fine, and I've rebooted and all sorts, but it seems there is a bug in my cashe now which will ensure my whole day's work can never be recovered.

SOMEONE, PLEASE SAVE THE DAY!
  • edited March 19, 2021
    I don't have any idea what you're referring to here.

Is this a question about Zotero?

Can you explain exactly what you're doing and what's happening? Please see Reporting Problems for the kind of info we need.
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, the ZoteroBib at www.zbib.org site where you paste in research links to academic articles and papers, then it builds a list for you to export once you're done. It keeps a log of your work based on the IP and browser you use...
  • edited March 19, 2021
    Check if any errors that appear on the console. Assuming you're on Safari on macOS this can be done following these steps:

Safari -> Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> check checkbox "Show develop menu in menu bar" at the bottom.

Then:

Develop -> Show JavaScript consol

With the console open, reload zbib.org, paste any errors you see here.
  • @maximafortissimus: Be sure to mention that you're using ZoteroBib when posting here. If you don't specify, we'll assume you're referring to the Zotero desktop app.
    It keeps a log of your work based on the IP and browser you use
    (It's not based on the IP address. It's stored directly in your local browser storage. Safari can be a bit more aggressive about clearing the local storage, so we recommend using the Link function regularly as a backup if you're making large bibliographies or taking breaks between using it. For a 300-item bibliography, you really may want to consider using Zotero instead of ZoteroBib. But ZoteroBib should still work, so we'll see what we can do to fix your current problem.)
  • @tnajdek @dstillman Thanks so much for your help so far. My apologies for not being specific. Duly noted about using the main platform but I tried downloading that and have no idea what I'm doing with it...

Ok, so the Develop -> Show JavaScript console will not even come up for this tab, but it does when I try on other tabs working fine. It's not even able to begin to load the website, then the fan spins like crazy and mac gets hot.

If I open a whole new Safari window, the Develop -> Show JavaScript console brings up the dash but it is totally blank...

Thanks again guys

• Just to clarify, if you open a new safari window, open console, load zbib.org it does not load, nothing shows on the console and your CPU triggers fans to spin?

If that's the case, we can try one more thing: switch tab to "sources" and press the pause icon in the top-left part of the screen, then take a screenshot of the console window/tab, upload it somewhere and paste a link here. Also check if there is anything printed on the "console" tab after pausing, if there is please paste it here as well.
  • If you go to https://zbib.org/faq, can you open the console on that?
  • @dstillman yes the console opened on that link no issue. Offered no errors or messages
  • @tnajdek that's correct... only when I close those tabs which are trying to load zbib.org do the fans stop and safari calm down.

"switch tab to "sources" and press the pause icon in the top-left part of the screen, then take a screenshot of the console window/tab, upload it somewhere and paste a link here. Also check if there is anything printed on the "console" tab after pausing, if there is please paste it here as well."

Sorry, I'm not an advanced user of computers I confess. Is that the Develop>Show page sources option you mean?
  • on that window in the second screenshot, if you select "Sources" you should be able to see a pause button. If you press that and send us a screenshot, that could help us debug the issue.
  • Also if you please go to zbib.org/faq open the console window there as described previously, select "Storage" tab, then right-click on the table that appears and select "Copy Table", paste that into an email to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread we should be able to recreate your problem here.
  • Can you do the "Copy Table" step that tnajdek requested above?
  • @dstillman just emailed now to support email. Cheers