Expose export preferences to keyboard maestro

I would like to be able to build automation around the Zotero export capability. Right now I have to manually switch between RIS formats and APA. I first have to be in RIS and drag an item over to Tinderbox. I then have to manually switch to APAP and then copy the citation and bibliography individually to populate my note. I'd like to be able to automate/streamline this process, remove the clicks.
  • We're planning to add the ability to associate keyboard shortcuts with JavaScript snippets (as in the Run JavaScript window) for custom macros.

More simply for this particular use case, we could consider making the Quick Copy format preference available via a menu instead of buried in the preferences, which would at least slightly speed this up for you.
  • The Zutilo add-on allows you to set up multiple alternative quick copy exports
    You have to set the alternate once via the config editor (you'll need to consult the readme, this isn't self-explanatory), so they're a bit of a hassle to set up, but if you always want the alternate to be RIS, that's just a one time operation and you're set.
  • "We're planning to add the ability to associate keyboard shortcuts with JavaScript snippets (as in the Run JavaScript window) for custom macros."

Yes, that would be helpful. Anything to remove some steps.
  • Quick question. I tried the new breta. But now I can't install Zutilo, says the plug-in is not compatible. Is there an option for me to revert back to the old version? Looks like my database got updated. How do I clear it?
  • I have Zutilo running in the beta. What's the exact error message you're getting?
  • My bad. Got it working. :-)