Mac Zotero Beta all reference folders become empty after opening pdf in Zotero

Hi Everyone, I just upgrade my Zotero in Beta version. However, I notice a weird thing. Whenever I open a pdf using the Zotero building pdf view, all references in my folders disappeared. I have to restart zotero to let it show my references. Do you know how to fix this bug? Thanks.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for this happening?
  • edited March 15, 2021
    Thanks. I thought it were some issues with my system but it happened again today. the Debug ID is D1589993429. Thank you again!
  • +1 I get that too but I haven't been able to get the Debug ID because it happens unexpectedly after different actions.
  • @wang.rui: How reliably can you reproduce that? Can you get it to happen with auto-sync temporarily disabled? If so, can you provide another Debug ID for it and explain the exact steps? (To be clear, the Debug ID is only useful if it's running before the problem occurs.)
  • @dstillman It happens occasionally after using the pdf-viewer. So I am not sure what are the exact steps to reproduce it. However, It seems that Zotero works fine once I disable the auto-sync option.
  • Same thing on Windows app, it happens when I use search bar and open the filtered pdf, the right panel shows correctly the number of items, but the middle database is empty.
  • @dstillman I tried it now, and the debug ID is D1076668446. I did the same, without some of the other extra steps in the above ID, and I was able to recreate it, in this (D373307207). Hope one of these two prove helpful in finding/re-creating the problem.

What I do is this:
    1) Open Zotero
    2) Filter for a PDF, open it in the reader, and annotate that.
    3) Move back to the Zotero tab (at this step, the search bar automatically gets erased, without me clicking on the 'x').
    4) Find a new pdf through the filter, open it in the reader again, annotate the new PDF.
    5) Navigate to my Zotero tab again (now, the search bar remains with my search in it, and when I click on the 'x', my references disappear, when I should actually be seeing my whole unfiltered library)

I also add that this issue is not reproducible exactly in this way every time, which confuses me. However, most times it is. Apologies for the long post. :-)
  • OK, this is fixed in the latest beta, 5.0.97-beta.6 — thanks to all for reporting. (It happened if there was a search entered in the library tab while adding an annotation to a PDF.)