Error ID 210335869 Cannot Export Library

I would like to have a backup of my citations, but I get an error "cannot export library.
A My Library folder is created but the contents are empty.
  • While that shouldn't fail, and we can debug that, an export is not a backup.

See Backing Up Your Zotero Data.

(Your Report ID is not valid, so we'd need another one to say any more about the export error.)
  • Thank you dstillman. I have increased my storage. And it is trying to connect now.

It is taking a long time to sync, but I think I may have resolved this issue.

Robert

Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.

See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options.

2020.10.04.html (134 KB)"]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/YW6GJ58J failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.
  • The export error wouldn't have anything to do with your storage limit.

Anyhow, again, an export is not a backup, so you should make sure you're properly backing up your Zotero data (which should really just be part of an automated whole-computer backup setup).
  • I try to export the library to a different drive.
    File -> Better BigLaTex -> OK

An Error occurs:
    "An error occurred while trying to export the selected file.

I was thinking that this folder could be used to import my citations to a different instance of Zotero on a different machine. I was expecting that this exported library was like a backup of my citations.

With my Zotero Library now syncing, perhaps that is sufficient.
  • If you're choosing Better BibTeX, this isn't a problem with Zotero itself. If you don't have Better BibTeX installed (I can't tell you because your Report ID was invalid), reset your translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences. If you do, you'll need to report this to the BBT developer on GitHub.
  • @rccline: But no, you absolutely don't want to use export to transfer your Zotero data between computers. That's exactly what syncing is for.

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/transferring_a_library