Zotero PDF beta: three things from a new user

Hi, I did not use Zotero before, but I really like the new PDF feature and will give it a serious try now. Three things I found so far:

1) Getting from a Tab to the item in the Library is hard, but I think this has been mentioned in other threads already.

2) It would be very good to store the list of Tabs and restore them upon restarting Zotero (as it is quite easy to quit Zotero by accident.)

3) Hovering between the document and the right side bar suggests one can resize the sidebar, but dragging will result in hiding the sidebar instead... probably just a small UI bug. In comparison to the Library view, on cannot unhide the sidebar by clicking, it needs the icon.

4) [Unrelated to the new features] I had to google to find the Saved Search feature, it would be good to add it to the icons on the left sidebar of Library view as well, perhaps.
(It is in the context menu actually.)
  • Getting from a Tab to the item in the Library is hard
    Yep, that will be possible in a coming update.
    It would be very good to store the list of Tabs and restore them upon restarting Zotero
    Same.
    Hovering between the document and the right side bar suggests one can resize the sidebar, but dragging will result in hiding the sidebar instead
    It's technically the same in the library view — you can resize, but there's a minimum width going to the right, and if you go past it it closes. We need to improve that to give you some warning (by the resizing stopping) before it snaps closed.
  • edited March 5, 2021
    I had to google to find the Saved Search feature […]
    (It is in the context menu actually.)
    You can also just save a search from the Advanced Search window. A toolbar icon might make sense, but most people likely just save from that window, which is also in the toolbar, so it'd be a bit redundant.
  • You can also just save a search from the Advanced Search window. A toolbar icon might make sense, but most people likely just save from that window, which is also in the toolbar, so it'd be a bit redundant.
    I agree (that's the solution I found), but I didn't know at first that this feature existed at all. Just a discoverability issue, really.
  • PDF tab and window restoring is now available in the latest beta.

You can also now right-click on a PDF tab and choose Show in Library. (There's been a Show in Library option in the File menu of the PDF reader for a while.)