Private sharing for PDF notes

This discussion was created from comments split from: Available in preview: Zotero PDF reader and new note editor.
  • Can I set up private sharing for PDF notes?
  • One use case for “private note sharing” I can see would be students annotating readings in a class readings library. If per-user annotations aren’t doable, a prompt or setting in group libraries to enable annotation vs directing users to copy to My Library would be great.
  • edited March 4, 2021
    If per-user annotations aren’t doable, a prompt or setting in group libraries to enable annotation vs directing users to copy to My Library would be great.
    Not sure I'm understanding this. To be clear, all of this will absolutely work in group libraries, and each annotation will show the name of the group member who created it. These features are just disabled in groups for the initial preview, since we don't want to risk causing problems for group members who aren't using the beta.
  • If per-user annotations aren’t doable, a prompt or setting in group libraries to enable annotation vs directing users to copy to My Library would be great.
    I meant that I use Zotero groups to distribute readings for classes. It would be nice to be to able to prevent annotations of the group library PDFs.
  • Is there any reason the group wouldn't just be read-only in that case? With annotations disabled, a student could still accidentally open the PDF in a PDF reader and save annotations and sync that, if so inclined.
  • edited March 4, 2021
    But by "private note sharing" do you mean that a group member would be able to annotate but only they and the group admins would see?