document will not update nor change preferences, with debug ID

Hi there,

I am coming close to finish my thesis. I have switched off automatic update at some point due to the length of the document. I have updated from time to time (over night, as it takes time) which worked in that the library was added but had an error reported: 'integration error' and that i made changes to one citation which i repeatedely clicked on no - to not save the changes. Also after refreshing the dotted lines of newer citations did not dissapear.

so i want to submit soon and attempted to change citation style forth and back as is the recommended trouble shoot, but the document acts weird, often doesn't react at all when i click at the button 'preferences' in the zotero add in in word.

heres the debug ID
current:
D1594249915

and from earlier today
logg D321023552

how can this be fixed please?

Kind regards
  • edited March 4, 2021
    (3)(+0041416): Integration: Request already in progress; not executing MacWord16 setDocPrefs

(3)(+0002263): Integration: Request already in progress; not executing MacWord16 refresh
    Just restart Zotero and try again.

Currently, in a long document on macOS, it may help to keep the Zotero window partially visible while the plugin is doing something. We've seen cases where macOS can slow down the app when it's in the background, resulting in failures.
  • Hi dstillman, thanks for the quick reply!
    will try
  • wow this really took time, at least 10 min, but now the magic is happening and the citations have started updating.

I had already given up and did the logging.. D667884515

thanks again! hope this will work