Draft in Google doc incl reference -> move to Word and keep the referencesystem?

First of all for some reason Zotero will not work in my Google, but I know other people can make it work. But this is about when you have done references in a Google doc and then for formatting purposes move this document to Word it seems that the reference system gets lost.
Now I cannot test this my self (as I cannot make a google doc with references) so I can only refer to troubles from others. Is this simply not working, is there a specific way it can be done or is it supposed to function without any issues?
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/moving_documents_between_word_processors
    for moving items between gdocs and other word processors

For your google doc issue you'd have to say more, obviously "will not work" doesn't allow troubleshooting.
  • Correct to the something does not work between Google docs and my setup, but I haven't any idea to look for. I run Firefox 86.0 64bit, Win 10, Zotero 5.0.81.

If I make a short tekst and try to add a reference nothing happens when I press add a reference. Sometimes I can see the wizzard window in a short blink, but it is only for a blink. Then it will be gone.
  • Make sure your actual Zotero version is updated (that should be 5.0.95 -- 5.0.81 is the connector). When you test, make sure that the citation dialog isn't just hidden -- it easily gets placed behind the browser window. It's placed with Zotero in the program bar at the bottom of your screen.
    Finally, test with all other Firefox add-ons disabled to eliminate any possible conflicts.
  • 5.0.95.1 - all other add-ins disabled... no luck.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for the Add/Edit Citation attempt?
  • D689579887

During this attempt I did get a little further. The red/green bar came, but didn't have any functionality - was just kind of hanging.
  • Just tested again. A sign telling me that "Zotero is updating your document. Please wait..." keeps hanging.... but then there was a window hiding and finally it works.