Nothing happens when trying to see which collections an item is in

Report ID: 2058309879

No error message comes up.

When attempting to see which collections my item is in (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/collections_containing_an_item), nothing happens at all. I'm on Windows. I select the item then hit Ctrl. Nothing occurs. No highlighting, no error message. Someone else told me she tried to perform this function on her Mac and nothing happened for her either.

I'm using version 5.0.95.1

Having this feature would be extremely helpful for me during my research and writing.
  • edited February 25, 2021
    This definitely works. In your library root, create a new item, drag it to a collection, and hold down (don't just press) Ctrl. The collection will be highlighted in yellow.
  • Ah, okay, thank you. The link that I posted did not include the part about needing to be in the library root. I tried it that way and it worked fine for me. Thanks
  • To be clear, you don't need to be in the library root. But if you're already in the collection the item is in, there's no point in the collection being highlighted. Other collections the item is in will still be highlighted.
  • Ah, okay. The function I am hoping that Zotero has is to show me *all* the subcollections an article is in. Is that possible? I have many articles that are relevant across different topics within the larger topic and I want to be sure they're where they need to be without it being a lawn, drawn-out process of back and forth checking.
  • *long, not lawn
  • That's exactly what this feature does. I'm not sure what you're saying is a drawn-out process. You just need to hold down the key, and you can scroll up and down your items list with your trackpad/mouse to see all the collections the item is in.