How to move from webdav to zotero storage without losing attachments and tags?

Hi,

I use Zotero on my Windows computer and edit the attached PDFs on my iPad via Papership. They both sync to my WebDAV on pCloud. Unfortunately, the syncing doesn't work properly in both directions although everything is well set up, which drives me absolutely crazy!

Therefore, I am considering to buy Zotero storage in hope that syncing will work well.

Which steps do I need to do so that ALL attachments and ALL information to each article (especially my tags!!!) are well transferred to Zotero storage?
I have seen that all file attachments are actually on my computer as well as on pcloud, but so far there are no file attachments at all reachable via my Zotero online account (only the article metadata).

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Meike

PS: If you have any other suggestion, why Zotero <-->pCloud<-->Papership doesn't work properly, I am happy for any other solution. I just sincerely wish to have everything well synced to work from both devices!
  • You just need to switch to Zotero storage in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences. If that's not working for some reason, use Reset File Sync History (and only that) from the Reset pane.

This has nothing to do with tags, which are metadata, not files.
  • Is there any possibility to double safe everything in case something gets lost? I have over 3000 articles neatly sorted with tags, highlighted, commented, annotations extracted, and I won't have the time to reorganize them or even work through them all again.
  • There's absolutely no effect on your data from what I describe above.

But you should always have a backup of your Zotero data directory. (Really you should just have a regular, automated backup of your entire computer and never worry about backing up individual programs' data, but if you're not doing that, backing up the Zotero data directory would be the thing to do.)
  • Okay, thanks. Do you think my sync problem with Papership moving back to Zotero storage could be solved? I know that Papership is not a Zotero partner but unfortunately there is no other option.
  • Zotero's iOS app will be in beta shortly.

https://www.zotero.org/iosbeta
  • That would be awesome! Hopefully "shortly" still means this year. Thanks!