Zotero Plug In for Neo Office

Hello,

I Installed Zotero 5 and i am using Neo Office 2015.12 Classic Edition, the latest version.
I Failed to install the plug in, even manuelly did not work.

Someone using Zotero with Neo Office and can share their experience?

Thanks a lot for remarks and answers,

Best regards,
Arthur
  • I don't use NeoOffice, but I think the error message would be very helpful ;)
  • edited May 4, 2018
    Ich hab den Fehler noch einmal reproduziert:

Installation failed

An error ocurred during the installation of the Zotero LibreOffice Plugin.

Click the "Previous" button and verify that the application path is correct. If you contiue to experience errors, click the "Manuel Installation" button below to manually install the component. The following screen will provide instructions in how to proceed.

und dann ist noch ein Hinweis auf eine Problemlösungsseite (https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation#openoffice) dort werden aber nur Angaben zum Word Plug In gemacht.

Wenn ich nun manuell installieren möchte kommt die Meldung:
    "Die Erweiterung kann nicht installiert werden, da die folgenden Systemvoraussetzungen nicht erfüllt sind: OpenOffice.org 4.1

Die Datei bezog sich vom Namen auf Open Office, aber wurde als Neo Office Extension erkannt.

Komisch.

Weiß jemand rat oder kann aus Erfahrung sprechen?
  • We have stopped supporting NeoOffice due to its very limited development and support. We recommend switching to LibreOffice.
  • Thanks for the answer!
  • I have been trying to install the Zotero plug-in for NeoOffice without success.

I see the statement above: "adomasven, May 4, 2018
    We have stopped supporting NeoOffice due to its very limited development and support. We recommend switching to LibreOffice."

Does anyone know of a "work around"? I have LibreOffice installed on my computer, but I'm just more comfortable with the NeoOffice UI.

Thanks in advance.
  • There is no workaround. NeoOffice and LibreOffice have sufficiently diverged that plugins often can’t work with both without specific development. Given the small user base and slower development of NeoOffice compared to LO, Zotero has chosen to support LO