Cannot add or edit citations in Google Docs (New Edge browser) after update to MacOs 15.2

Error report # 699667883
I was fine yesterday (MacOs 15.1), now after updating I can no longer get a proper reference added to a Google Doc (using new Edge browser). The Zotero connector will insert a reference number ("20" or whatever), but it is in plain font, not like the selected style font, and when I try to click on it to edit, it is not a link at all but just plain text. Refreshing the document in the Zotero menu does not help, nor does changing Document Preferencese.
  • Error report # 1092513909

I have had a similar issue. It will add the citation but its in plain font and then when I try to insert a bibliography, it says there's no citations in the document. This is on Mac 10.15.6, in Google Docs, using Edge browser.
  • Similar issue using GoogleDoc on Mac 11.1 using Safari or Google Chrome browser.
  • I'm also having this problem, on Windows 10 with Firefox.
  • Did this problem start for everyone very recently? For me it was Feb 1st, but I hadn't used Zotero for a few days before that...
  • edited February 3, 2021
    We've only been able to reproduce this in Edge, but new versions of the Zotero Connector for Edge, Firefox, and Safari are out with a fix for this. Make sure you're running 5.0.81, and let us know if you have further trouble.

Zotero Connector 5.0.80, when this bug began, hasn't yet been approved for Chrome, so Chrome shouldn't be affected. We're not sure if this will occur in Chrome, but we'll submit 5.0.81 as soon as 5.0.80 is approved.
  • Just removed my previous Connector and installed 5.0.81. (New MS Edge, macos 15.2) Worked perfectly for the first reference, but then went back to misbehaving (inserting plain text citations numbers with no link back to Zotero).

:-(

Any other suggestions?
  • edited February 3, 2021
    @adamsaltman: Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from the Zotero Connector for inserting a citation and getting plain text?
  • I'm ok now - uninstalled the old connector in Edge, shut down zotero, restarted Edge, restarted zotero, installed the connector from the menu in zotero, and now i'm up to 5.0.81 and everything works. must have been the dreaded "cache"!
    Thanks!
  • You definitely shouldn't need to uninstall anything — clicking Update in the Extensions pane should've been sufficient, if it hadn't yet auto-updated — but you would have to have reloaded Google Docs after updating the extension. Maybe it was that?