Screen Position

I moved the screen position to the top when I was using 1.0. Recently I switched to beta and would like to change the screen position to the bottom. However, I can no longer find the option in the preferences.

Am I just missing something, or did that option accidentally get nixed in beta?
  • That option has been removed from the preferences. Go to the address about:config in the Firefox address bar, look for extensions.zotero.zoteroPaneOnTop, and double-click it to set it to false. Then open a new Firefox window or restart Firefox.
  • extensions.zotero.zoteroPaneOnTop = true no-longer seems to be place the zotero pane to the top of Firefox.

Zotero 2.0b6.44911, Firefox 3.5.2, Windows XPP

mc
  • We removed the option. Other than brandtmj's post, we haven't really ever heard of anyone else using it, that mode was never tested, and maintaining it after UI changes was becoming onerous. If there's demand, someone could certainly create and maintain a plugin that restored that mode, but I don't think it makes sense in the default distribution.
  • It must be just me then. I seem to use things that no-one else does (example ) ;-). I prefer the Zotero panes at the top rather than the bottom.

mc