Server backup

I make regular backups of the Zotero "tree" (WIN 7 PC).
I was told that if our group library accidentally gets erased (e.g. by a user making a mistake) then there is a backup except for the library "trash" available for a few days.
Is this a complete library, or only the entries, but not the uploaded .pdfs, .docx?

• A backup of a group library would be somebody in the group who's fully in sync backing up their data directory.

https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#backing_up_your_zotero_data
  • MAybe I misuderstood, but my question was if the Zotero server has backups for a few days even if no backup was made by a group user.
  • Not user-accessible backups
  • We (SEGM.ORG) have an international collaboration and a large video library in Zotero. I can't have that video library together with my other .pdf libraries and other collaborations, so I just keep it, together with notes for each video, on the online web version of Zotero alone, not on any PC.
    The notes are not child items, they are just in the note section that appears for each video when I upload a new video to the web-library.
    So, I regularly upload new videos to the web-library (directly, not first to PC) and write something in the note section.

Problem is backup. I would like to backup the videos together with the note section. i don't need to backup the whole library again and again, it would suffice to simply download/export the video+note that I added to the library to, e.g., Google drive.
    I didn't get that to work with the export function.
    Of course, if I caould backup the whole library in one go that would be good too.

Is there a way to back up the web-library without first having it synced to a PC Zotero?

• No, someone would need to sync it.

It'd be possible to periodically sync it with a separate profile with a separate data directory and back up that data directory, or just set it up for syncing on a computer that isn't otherwise used for Zotero.