Word Crashes with Zotero

Hi All
When I try to put a citation it sometimes closes word and open the docs again - causes huge trouble - and all the docs are given in recovery mode. The zotero dialog to enter the citation remains open.
  • What's the full, exact version of Word?

Does this happen in a new document, or just a specific existing document? If the latter, how large is the document?

Report ID?
  • Thanks for your reply. not sure whether this is the correct report id 1502780795

I keep 4-5 docs open at the same time and edit. The doce are all under 230kb.

some are 50pgs some 60 some 70, 80 does it matter?
  • It happens in a few existing documents...
  • Are the documents in local folders, or are they stored on OneDrive?

You didn't answer re: your Word version.

Also, how much RAM on your computer?
  • word 2013, RAM 16GB

I have put a bakcup option with Gdrive - but this happens even when i pause the sync.
  • We need the full Word version.
  • Ms Offices Prof Plu 2013 - I am not conneted to the onedrive
  • That's still not the full version number.

In any case, a Word crash is generally a Word problem, so if you can upgrade to a newer version, that's the best option.

In a large document, it can help to disable "Automatically update citations" in the plugin's Document Preferences, though if it crashes when you Refresh manually, you'll still have a problem at the end of your project.
  • This still keeps happening and very irritating causes lot of work loss etc...why zotero this unstable? How do I get the full version number? The documents is not that big? It was ok for a few days but it started again. Tehre was stability update from zotero
  • How do I get the full version number?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/what-version-of-office-am-i-using-d21c5935-40b1-b117-122d-5e5f05a1a263

This doesn't have anything to do with Zotero updates. ("stability" is just standard language in the update window — it doesn't mean we were specifically fixing bugs.) Again, a Word crash is generally a Word problem.
  • This is the full word version Ms Offices Professional Plus 2013 ...

NO it is definitely Zotero problem as it only happens when i open the zotero dialog box to put citations - another thing that I have notices is it usually happens when I have many word documents open at once
  • This is the full word version Ms Offices Professional Plus 2013
    No, it's not. That's the product name. It's not a version number. Follow the link above for instructions.
    NO it is definitely Zotero problem as it only happens when i open the zotero dialog box to put citations
    You're misunderstanding this. Something can be a Word bug even if it's only triggered by Zotero. That'd usually be the case for a Word crash.
  • (15.0.5293.1000) MSO (15.0.5275.1000) 64 bit
  • edited January 22, 2021
    OK, there's a slightly newer version, so you should update to 15.0.5311.1000, though it probably won't help.

@adomasven may have other suggestions.
  • @markalroy Sorry, but I cannot suggest much for Office 2013. We have been getting occasional crashing reports from Office 2013 users for the past year. Updating to Office 2016 or later is likely to help.