Installing a modified cls file

I have modified a cls file in order to comply with my University requirements. I have gone through the validation process with no errors. I then try to install it from the Zotero Citations menu by clicking on the "+" command but the file does'nt show. I have he file saved on my computer .
  • edited January 24, 2021
    What do you mean by "doesn't show"? Do you mean that it's shown in gray in the folder where it exists and isn't selectable?

The file should end in .csl, not .txt (and not .cls). If this is Windows, you may have file extensions hidden.
  • I mean that it doesn't istall . I can't see it listed in the styles window. The file has a .csl extension and as I referred already has been validated. Basically I have modified an existing style which has some language errors . I can't undersand why it doesn't appear within the list of the styles.
  • edited January 24, 2021
    You need to say more for us to be able to help you. "doesn't install" doesn't mean anything.

What exactly are you doing, step by step, and what's happening? See Steps to Reproduce to understand the kind of description we need.

A Debug ID for an install attempt would also be helpful.
  • Probably just a matter of not having changed the file name, style ID and self link as explained here?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
  • I have send a debug D1664396048.
    What I am doing is
    1. Open the preferences menu
    2. Click on the "+" from the Citation window
    3. Select the modified style from my computer "Andrea Tesi Style".csl
    4. Click on the selected file
    5.OK
    The window appears to flick as if a file is being added but nothing happens. Neither an error message
  • RESOLVED Thank you "damnation". I followed your suggestion and now the modifed file installs. This forum is really fantastic !!
  • Just onother little thing about capital and small letters whe editing a .csl fyle.
    ex: in
    although I'm writing "in" in small letter the final resul is "In" with a capital letter. any suggestion ?
  • in
    this part was missing fromt he previous post
  • The previous message was corrupted here is the complete one.

just onother little thing about capital and small letters when editing a .csl file.

ex: term name="presented at">in</term

although I'm writing "in" in small letter the final resul is "In" with a capital letter. any suggestion ?
  • In the style, when the term is called, you have text-case="capitalize-first" or "title"
  • thank you bwiernik. I've gone through the style with Zotero editor and substitued "capitalize-first" with "sentence" but it doesn't change. Any suggestion o how to edtit the text term?
  • No, sentence would also capitalize "in" -- you want to just remove the text-case attribute or set it to lowercase. You also, very likely, don't want to do this for every occurrence, but just where it applies to text term="in"
  • RESOLVED, thank you adamsmith. I have set the text-case attribute to "lowercase" as suggested and it works.