Problem combining tags using "filter tags" feature

edited January 23, 2021
Hello. I have created several tags over time and I when doing a search of my tags, I realized that this feature is case sensitive. What I mean is that if I search for "Norms of Respect" it will not provide those citations with "norms of respect" (lower case) or "Norms of respect" (a combo); they are being left out. Is there any way to combine them? It would be an arduous task to go back and manually fix them. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Pretty sure you can just edit one of them in the tag selector on the left (which would then apply to all items), have you tried?

My recollection is that tags didn't use to be case sensitive and there was talk about rolling that back, but I only vaguely remember that.
  • @adamsmith Thanks! No, I had not tried that yet but I will now. It's still a bit of manual work (as I have hundreds of tags by now) but certainly better than what I thought, as I prepared to rip my hair out in large chunks!
  • HELP!!! My problem continues. I thought if I right-click the tag that I would be able to edit the name. That is not the case. So how do I edit the name of the tag? I do not see that feature anywhere.
  • Right-click in the tag selector on the left (_not_ in the tag tab on the right) has a Rename Tag option.
  • @adamsmith I did exactly as you prescribed and "Rename Tag" does not appear in the options. That seemed like a simple fix so I am not sure why it's not appearing or what to try next. It's not like I have an older version of Zotero, as I would imagine it automatically updates. I've searched the blogs and other forum entries and anything related is giving me the same instructions you gave. I'm at a loss.
  • You need to be using the Zotero program, not the website.
  • @dstillman That was fix - thanks! I was using the website, not the downloaded program. Problem solved!!