font for quotation marks

For some reason, when I insert a journal citation, the quotation marks show up in Calibri font, even though the rest of the text is Times New Roman. Is this a Word issue?
  • Yes, it's a Word issue. Change the settings for the "Normal" style in Word to use Times New Roman, rather than changing the font manually (if you always work with Times, I suggest you adjust your default Normal template for Word accordingly).

See https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/word_default_font and the linked pages there for instructions.
  • I have this issue too. I have changed the "Normal" style in Word to use Times New Roman, and set this as the default for all documents using Normal. When I open a new document, it indeed defaults to Times New Roman. But when I create a footnote with Zotero, the quotation marks in the note are all Calibri.

If I then highlight the Calibri quotation mark and open the styles panel, the current style says it is "Footnote Text". And mysteriously, when I click to reapply the Footnote Text style to the quotation mark, it changes the font to Times New Roman. However, if I later click add/edit citation and cycle the footnote back through Zotero, the quotation marks in the note revert to Calibri... Thoughts?