Chicago Style Notes and Bibliography - which one to use?

Hi,
I'm trying to use the Chicago Notes and Bib style: https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html

But no matter which Chicago style I pick in Zotero (note, full note or author-date) nothing matches the style which should be: 1. Zadie Smith, Swing Time (New York: Penguin Press, 2016), 315–16.

And there is no shortened notes option I can find eg) Smith, Swing Time, 320.

Any recommendations?

• 1. Zadie Smith, Swing Time (New York: Penguin Press, 2016), 315–16.
    Is the full note version. How are you creating the notes? If you're seeing something different, there's a good chance you're creating bibliography entries. Especially if you also want shortened notes, you should be using the Word add-on to insert citations, which shortens subsequent notes automatically.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage
  • My publisher wants me to use "key phrase call out" system in Chicago Style. So the endnote should look like this with the key phrase at the start right after the number, followed by the full note.

1 In Brownsville tenements: Kitchen information is taken from Alfred Kazin, “The Kitchen,” A Walker in the City (New York: Harcourt Brace, 1951).

You're right. The full-note Chicago style is what I need and it's working correctly, thank you. A bibliography is being generated correctly too. However, I'm snagged on how to create an abbreviated note citation that should look like this:

In Brownsville tenements: Kazin, “The Kitchen,” A Walker in the City.

I'm using the Word plugin processor already. Do you know how/if there's a way to create an abbreviated notes with the plugin? Thanks!
  • This would be the 2nd time you cite the Kazin work, yes? That should just happen automatically when using the full note style -- are you sure it doesn't? Make sure you ad "In Brownsville tenements: " as a prefix to the citation, don't manually edit it.
  • Yes, you would think. I wonder why they want a separate abbrev version.. I'll check. Seeing as the manuscript is still going through editing, it will be hard to add prefix to citation before we figure out exact wording. Or is there a way around that (ie plugin?) so I don't have to add in prefix at end of editing?
    Thanks for your help Adam!