How to sync a group library to zotero app

On the web we have a group library which I want to sync to my newly installed zotero app (running on linux).

I'm able to sync folders under my account ok, so sync works. In Preferences for Data Sync I can see two libaries to sync: "My Library & Feeds" and "mysharedlibrary", both are checked.

When I sync I only see my folders show up under "My Library" in the zotero app.

How do I get the shared library to show up in the zotero app?
  • You really just sync. That's it.

See Changes Not Syncing for the possible reasons that might not be happening and the information we'd need to troubleshoot it further.
  • edited December 1, 2020
    Do you see the group library when you follow the "Web Library" link on top of this page or is it accessible only via a different URL? If latter, then you might not be a member of that group, in which case group owner needs to add you first, before it shows in Zotero.

EDIT: just re-read original message and realized "mysharedlibrary" shows in the list in sync preferences in Zotero so please disregard my comment.
  • Quirky, apparently closing and opening Zotero fixed the problem, I came back to it a couple days later and now I see the group library synced up as expected.