[Juris-M] How to format two languages for the same reference in the bibliography

edited November 26, 2020
The original language is Chinese, for example:

[1] 唐霄, 孙杨赢, 江雪婷, 等. 不同蛋白酶制备鹅肉呈味肽的研究[J]. 食品科学, 2019:1–11.
[2] 张娟娟, 刘尊英, 董士远, 等. 锌离子结合类蛋白反应修饰肽的稳定性研究[J]. 现代食品科技, 2015,31(09):150–154.
[3] 朱磊, 张馨心, 谢艳英, 等. 类蛋白反应的作用机制及其对海洋源蛋白修饰的研究进展[J]. 食品工业科技, 2020,41(09):362–367.

How to format them as two languages, i.e. their English conterparts following the Chinese ones, which is requested by some Chinese journals, displayed as:

[1] 唐霄, 孙杨赢, 江雪婷, 等. 不同蛋白酶制备鹅肉呈味肽的研究[J]. 食品科学, 2019:1–11.
TANG X,SUN Y Y,JIANG X T,etal. Comparative analysis of flavor peptides prepared by enzymatic hydrolysis of goosemeat with different proteases [J]. Food Science, 2019: 1–11.
[2] 张娟娟, 刘尊英, 董士远, 等. 锌离子结合类蛋白反应修饰肽的稳定性研究[J]. 现代食品科技, 2015,31(09):150–154.
ZHANG J J,LIU J Y,DONG S Y,et al. Stability of modified peptide using zinc binding and plastein reaction [J]. Modern Food Science and Technology, 2015, 31(09): 150–154.
[3] 朱磊, 张馨心, 谢艳英, 等. 类蛋白反应的作用机制及其对海洋源蛋白修饰的研究进展[J]. 食品工业科技, 2020,41(09):362–367.
ZHU L,ZHANG X X,XIE Y Y,et al. Research progress on mechanism of plastein reactions and its modification function of marine proteins [J]. Science and Technology of Food Industry, 2020, 41(09): 362–367.

is it possible for Zotero or Juris-M?

Any suggestion is appreciated.
  • I don't think so, no. juris-m can add translations (and/or transliterations) immediately after elements in a variety of formats, but I don't think there's any way to just add a translated citation below the original one.

If you want to hack it, you can add the full translated citation into Extra and a create a citation style that just adds <text variable="note"/> at the end of the bibliography.
  • Thanks. I put them on the short title field, and eidt the style, however, translated ones can not be displayed in a new line, or there were blank lines when using 'block', as I posted on previous post.
  • I would use Extra/note rather than short title for this.
  • Thanks for your suggestion
  • Won't make a difference in the spacing though -- it's just better practice because short-title is more likely to be used in styles otherwise.
  • Got it. This field is not used in my style.
  • edited November 26, 2020
    I *think*, this should be possible with the CSL-M alternative extension. I’m not sure about the linebreak between the two elements, though.

You might consider asking on the Juris-M support mailing list (https://mail.law.nagoya-u.ac.jp/mailman/listinfo/jurism-support)
  • I asked the mailing list, thanks.