cannot save Proquest PDF

I have read the forum but I cannot solve the issue. My debug ID is D493186880. Can you please help me? I cannot save Proquest PDF in Zotero.
Thank you
  • Do you have access to the PDF from the webpage?

Is a PDF showing up in the save popup with a red X, or is it not showing up at all?

If you're getting a red X, we'd want to see a Debug ID from Zotero (not the Zotero Connector) for a save attempt where you saw the red X.

If it's not showing up in the save popup at all, we'd want to see a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for the save attempt. (The one you provided didn't show you actually doing anything.)
  • I can view everything on ProQuest perfectly. However the Zotero icon at the top of chrome is insisting that every page in ProQuest is a webpage. So it is not getting the right data and it totally misses the PDF. The Debug ID is D1893339521.
  • That doesn't show a save attempt at all, but if it's just detecting it as a webpage, the rest is irrelevant — then it has nothing to do with PDF saving.

If you're getting the webpage icon everywhere, see Troubleshooting Problems Saving to Zotero. If it's just ProQuest, what's a full URL for a ProQuest page as you see it in your address bar? (You can x out an institution name if necessary.)
  • https://search-proquest-com.saintleo.idm.oclc.org/results/B2F1A06BB639469FPQ/1?accountid=4870

This problem is only in ProQuest. Thank you for helping with this. I would be happy if it would just grab the fields for a scholarly journal, but it only seems to grab the bare minimum for a web page.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the page and getting the webpage icon (not for actually saving)?
  • D1467608396 Is that the right ID or do you need something else?

I also have this in the Error Report:
    [JavaScript Error: "No matching references found"]

[JavaScript Error: "Key not provided"]

[JavaScript Error: "obj.toJSON is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1450}]

[JavaScript Error: "obj.toJSON is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1450}]

[JavaScript Error: "ID not provided" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/connector/server_connector.js" line: 173}]

version => 5.0.93, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.93, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.25.SA.5.0.93, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.17.SA.5.0.93, extension)
  • New ID - D6067171
  • From the Connector - Report ID: 625954085
  • No, we need a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the page. Not a Debug ID from Zotero, not a Report ID, not a Debug ID for something other than loading the page.
  • I found the error! I had to put a period after the %h at the start of the proxy link. Then it ran perfectly. Thank you @dstillman for your help. My apologies for being an annoying non-coding Zotero user.
  • edited November 20, 2020
    OK. For what it's worth, it shouldn't be necessary to enter a proxy manually in most situations — Zotero should auto-detect most proxies — and, unless this is a very unusual setup, there should in fact be a period after the %h and before the rest of the proxy domain name (e.g., %h.proxy.univ.edu — without the period it would turn into search-proquest-comproxy.univ.edu, which would be broken).