Zotero saving all website information in Title field

I need to cite websites that are often affiliated with regulatory agencies rather than journals etc. Zotero saves them but puts all the information in the title and does not seem to recognize the agency as an author.
I went through the troubleshooting steps but it did not resolve the problem. There is no debug code because it saves, just not in a very useful way. In the tests for a book on amazon, it didn’t work on Edge…it saved it but also put all the information in the title, including author etc. In Chrome, it did separate the information. On both Edge and Chrome, it does not seem to indicate a “translator” when hovering over the icon. In the parentheses it says (Web Page without Snapshot) Has Access to this Site

For this site: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/coloradoriver/
It saves as this:
Item Type Web Page
Title Home Page (then a vertical line) Colordao River Basin Regional Water Quality Control Board
All other information is blank except for the URL and access date

A pdf from that site (https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/resources/covid-19_updates/docs/eo_implementation_guidelines_04302020.pdf) is saved by Zotero with this information:
Name of pdf
URL
Filename (same as name of pdf)
Access date
Pages:
Modified
Indexed Yes

It also does not pull out any sort of author

My questions:
1. Is there something I can do to get more information on the site, especially an author?
2. How do I create a citation in the document that will link to this pdf and how would it be put in the reference list?
Without authors, I don’t see a way to do this. I'm using Chicago 17 author-date format.

• 1. No -- standard webpage just typically don't include information in any structured format, so you'll have to manually correct it. That's what the lack of translator indicates. (Amazon should work the way you're seeing on Chrome. If you're interested in troubleshooting it on Edge, start a separate thread)

2. Right-click --> Create parent item and then complete the information manually.