Multiselect collections

Is there a way to select multiple collections from the collection pane on the left of Zotero standalone? It will be useful for reorganizing collection structures (e.g. making many collections as a subcollection of a newly created collection).

Sincerely,
David
  • If I understand this question correctly, you could simulate this with a saved search.
  • Not for the stated purpose of organizing collections, though: You can't e.g. move a whole set of sub-collection from parent collection 1 to parent collection 2 at once that way.
  • You can identify which ones you'd like to move, if indirectly.
  • I guess I don't understand. I'm looking at this use case:
    e.g. making many collections as a subcollection of a newly created collection
    Presumably you know which collections you want to move, but you want to do it quickly. How does a saved search help with that?
    What I'm reading as a question/future request is behavior akin to e.g. Windows Explorer, where I can ctrl+click (or shift+click) to select 25 collections/folders and drag&drop them all at once to a new collection/folder.
    That's not possible in Zotero currently, and while I don't think it's essential, it'd certainly be nice.
  • (Ah, I may have misread. I interpreted this as asking about merging collections into a subcollection, and viewing the combined contents to identify which ones to merge. But if this is just moving the collections around, then my reply is irrelevant.)
  • Thanks @adamsmith for clarifying my question. This is what I had in mind:

"Behavior akin to e.g. Windows Explorer, where I can ctrl+click (or shift+click) to select 25 collections/folders and drag&drop them all at once to a new collection/folder."

(By the way, how did you quote things? I tried to look for a format guide for the forum posts, but failed to find one.)
  • You can use HTML formatting tags. In this case <blockquote> </blockquote>