Chrome Connector Not Working

I'm having an issue in saving citations from PubMed and I know that this has been discussed before on the discussion board, but none of the solutions appear to have worked for me. The error is relatively new, although it's taken me a few weeks to post on here.

When saving a citation to Zotero (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24702277/), it is saving it as a Web Page (Snapshot) rather than a Journal Article. This has implications for the metadata that is saved. I've submitted the debug information (492949774) from within Zotero.

The debug information from the Zotero Connector is:

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: Cannot read property '5' of undefined
at Object.injectScripts (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:330:45)
at chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:269:36"]

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: Cannot read property '10' of undefined
at Object.injectScripts (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:330:45)
at chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:269:36"]

I've reset and updated the translators, restarted computer, restarted Chrome etc and disabled all extensions that I am able to.

When reviewing the

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • @dstillman would have to look at the Debug.
    When you say you disabled all add-ons you could, which ones did that leave enabled?
    @mastead: You're using a very old version of Zotero from 2017. Start by updating to the latest version, 5.0.93. You should also figure out why auto-updates weren't working for you.