Importing library from another computer and merging with current library

Hi,

I am working on a paper in collaboration with a colleague. Both of us have written on our own computers and referenced citations using zotero. However, we need to combine the writing in one place which in turns require to combine the citations from both pieces of writing. I was wondering what would be the best way to do this using zotero. Is exporting library from one of the computer and importing it to the other computer will work in this case in the sense the references will be numbered correctly in the merged document? If this is the way to go, I would appreciate if someone can suggest the way to do the export and import part.

Thanks in advance.
  • I see this question haven't got any answer. I'm in this exact situation and I'd like to know if there is an option to do that.

Thanks in advance.
  • You can just insert items from your own libraries into the document. Zotero can handle that. Be sure that if you cite the same item again, you select it from the “Cited items” list to avoid inserting duplicates. Also, only the person whose library the item came from will be able to edit the item’s data if anything needs to be adjusted.

Moving forward, you might want to use a Zotero Group instead of independent libraries.